Google
 

May 19, 2007

X=Y

I was just reading an article in Fortune Magazine (Yes...very system magazine, I know...) and there was an article about generation Y. Could generation be the next cause for change in our society? The article says, "They're ambition, they're demanding, and they question everything, so if there isn't a good reason for that long commute or late night, don't expect them to do it. When it comes to loyalty, the companies they work for are last on their list, behind their families, their friends, and their communities, and their co-workers, and of course, themselves."

There are a lot of them, so they can't be ignored. And if they don't like a job, they will just quit and move back home with their parents, because "...there is not stigma".

I love generation Y. I think I may be one of them.

I was thinking of that logic. What if your threw out all of conventional expectations and just didn't give a crap about what people thought about you. Life, in some respects, would have some great rewards!

"Mom....Dad...I'm HOME!"

I think of my parents place...an active adult community with pool, gym, library...I think I may be moving back...it's good to have a plan!
 
Locations of visitors to this page