Google
 

May 21, 2007

pssst...hey mister...wanna buy a blog?

So I am in the process of selling my car. I love dealing with deal makers...and hagglers...I feel more comfortable with them because you know where you stand. It's funny...

I tried selling my car on craigslist, but dealing with individuals is annoying...people are too afraid to negotiate with.

Now dealing with a car dealership...that's more my speed!

Go figure...you would think dealing with private citizens, who are not used to haggling would be more stress free. Not so...give me the hard core hagglers...they don't take things personally...I like that...

They see it more as a game...and that's all it is...I am not a salesperson, but I think I might like to try my hand at it part time...

maybe down the road...

so there was a woman there buying a new accord...she started talking to me and tells me she's getting married and, as well as buying a car for herself, is buying a car for her husband as a wedding gift. This seemed excessive...she mentioned her husband was on paxil and, to be honest, she seemed a little 'out of sorts'. I couldn't help but thinking that she was getting into something a little over her head...

I was negotiating to get rid of a car and she was negotiating to buy two. I am much happier being on my side of the table...

much happier 'off loading'...i am concerned about her, however. I was thinking about how the salesman wouldn't care about her state of mind. They just want to make a sale.

I can't blame them...it's their job...

But, I couldn't also help but think she wasn't prepared for the fight. She wasn't in the right frame of mind to be spending that kind of money...

negotiating is fine when you are prepared for it...but I don't think she was...

The salesman have 'their game face on.' The normal consumer is a sitting duck...

I think a great non-profit service would be teaching consumer the 'art of the steal'. teach people how to negotiate...

level the playing field...
 
Locations of visitors to this page