Google
 

Feb 13, 2007

one phat muffin

So I took a break today from work and walked outside to a scone/coffee cafe. It's a really little place. Just enough room for two tables. Really small tables. She, the owner, actually had muffin tops for sale. Just as in the seinfeld episode. I couldn't get over it. I thought it was very funny. She, on the other hand, very matter of factly thought i was a buffoon for being amused by something so ordinary as muffin tops. I was asking questions, and she seemed annoyed that I was asking, so I stopped. (they actually make muffin top pans...just so you know...and in australia it means something completely different)

Anyway, I asked her,

"How's it going"

She said,

"It could be better"
(implied here, was...."Better now that you stopped asking about those F*%#ing muffin tops!"

So I said,

"Yeah, it seems it can always be about...10% better..."

Which got me thinking as I left the matter-of-fact muffin maker..."maybe better is just from where we sit in the center of our own universe?"

Just as in our 'real' universe, from wherever you sit, it appears to be the center. I think it has something to do with everything moving away from you (but i think it call all be explained through the magic of the muffin top).

But maybe the same idea applies to 'better' for our lives. There is always a better out there. Just out of reach. And we are always grasping for it. We thought just having muffin tops would get us there...it hasn't...maybe a better car will do it...nope....more money?

"If only I won the lottery....think of all the muffin tops..."
 
Locations of visitors to this page