Google
 

Aug 23, 2007

undefined values

Do you know what your values are? What exactly are values?

Are they what is important to you as a person? How do you determine them and where do they come from?

I have wondered about this for a long time. I grew up in the suburbs of Florida, where the values are different from what I value...how does that happen?

You would think my values would stem from where i grew up. Not so. I was always conflicted with the value system in suburban florida...

then I went to Malaysia with a science program as an undergrad and that solidified my differing world view and value system. I found a perspective that I connected with. A perspective that was greater than the suburban view of the world.

I am not exactly sure how to define what Florida suburban values are... I can't put my finger on it...

It's definitely not money per say, because everybody, everywhere values money...it's not that...it's something else...

It's not home prices, because those are talked about in San Francisco too...

I once heard that people from the East and West Coasts had more differences in common than Americans and Non-Americans...i wonder if that's what I'm detecting...

One thing for sure...A love of good pizza is one East vs. West value i'm not going to redefine any time soon...
 
Locations of visitors to this page