Google
 

Nov 11, 2006

it's anti-system, Baby!

So I am visiting my sister and enjoying her newborn baby. So amazing. To see and experience. I have kind of written my ideas of being a Dad off, but it's great to experience a new born baby. This baby is amazing. But the thing that hit me is, they are essentially anti-system. A baby today does what a baby did five to ten thousand years ago. They don't care about what you are driving or what you do for a living. They give us that chance to experience 'just being'. That the nice and great part (right now she is putting her arms up in the air! So cute!) They just bring a room of adults together, just like a dog...beings that are just in the moment...(oh God Cute...)

Funny, she just left the room and the energy level dropped. Now we are joking again and have returned to pre (post?...who knows)baby levels...

Anyway, these little creatures are anti-system, but the system plugged into us craving and wanting them. ON some level, it is a very human desire to want a baby. But in order to raise a baby you have to be plugged in for stability.

That said, I wouldn't want to raise my child as a system drone without thinking. I want to raise an anti-system baby that questions it's own values, identity and morals. I want it to question life and what it wants to get out of it. This is the conundrum. In order to have a child you must to a certain extent be system. In order to raise a questioning and thinking human being you have to be anti-system....
 
Locations of visitors to this page